Crisis Relief in Situations Involving Staff and Faculty CRISIS
What You Need to Know
The C.R.I.S.I.S. (Crisis Relief in Situations Involving Staff and Faculty) Program is in place to help University of Kentucky employees who are experiencing personal hardship. This program provides temporary financial assistance in the form of a one-time payment. The program is primarily funded by staff and faculty donations. All donations are tax-deductible, effective September 1, 2014.
How To Donate
There are three ways to donate to the C.R.I.S.I.S. program:
- Through payroll deduction - Donors wishing to enroll for a payroll deduction gift to CRISIS can now do so directly through myUK. Instructions can be found HERE.
- By personal check - Mail your check payable to UK CRISIS Program to the Office of Development, William B. Sturgill Development Building, Lexington, KY 40506-0015.
- By credit card - Visit the website for UK's Office of Philanthropy to make one-time donations - https://uky.networkforgood.com/causes/14622-crisis-employee-assistance-fund
Donors wishing to stop a recurring Payroll Deduction can do so through myUK.
Please consult your tax advisor regarding the tax benefits associated with your gift donation. Beneficiaries of C.R.I.S.I.S. assistance should consult with their tax advisor to determine whether the grant constitutes taxable income.
How to Request CRISIS Assistance
- Applicant must be a staff employee of .50 FTE or greater and at least have one year of employment at UK
- Threat of essential utilities being turned off, such as electric, water or gas.
- No pay status due to recovery from injury, illness, or surgery.
- No pay status due to caregiver responsibilities for a family member or sponsored dependent. HR definition of a family member/sponsored dependent: Spouse, Child, Grandchild, Mother/Father, Grandmother/Grandfather, Brother/Sister, Legal dependent of the employee, and another who resides in the employee's household and for whom the employee has an obligation to provide care. (Note - the above includes steps, halves and in-laws of the same relationship).
- Loss of dwelling or household furnishings due to fire, act of nature or eviction notice.
- A major unexpected expense
- Financially impacted by COVID-19
Applications for assistance must be for immediate needs only. No previous or anticipated expenses shall be considered. Only one award per employee per a 12-month period shall be given. Though there is not a maximum amount requested, funds will be approved by the CRISIS committee and the decision for funds awarded will be based on the program's funds available and how many other applications are being considered. The amount awarded shall be distributed to the appropriate parties. Funds will not be given directly to employees.